This Chimichurri Rice is a vibrant and flavor packed side dish. Not only does it look great on the table, but it pairs well with so many cuisines.
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- water - 3 cups for rice cooker or 1 1/2 cups for instant pot
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, small dice
- 1/2 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup chimichurri sauce
- First rinse the rice under cold running water for 1-2 minutes until it runs clear.
- Then add to the rice cooker or instant pot along with the water and 1/2 tsp of the salt.
- If using a rice cooker choose the white rice setting and for the instant pot cook on high for 6 minutes with a 10 minute natural release.
- While the rice is cooking, heat oil in a pan over medium heat and then add in onion, red peppers, the remaining 1/4 tsp of salt, and black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes until softened. Then remove from the heat and set aside.
- When the rice is done transfer it to a large bowl and mix in the onions and peppers. Then stir in the chimichurri sauce until combined.
- Make sure to rinse your rice! It just takes a minute or two, but it's worth it. Trust me.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: South American
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 504
Keywords: vegan, chimichurri, rice, parsley, side dish, gluten-free, dairy-free