These vegan stuffed shells are filled with creamy tofu ricotta and spinach then covered with sauce and baked into bubbly deliciousness.
- 1 (12 oz) box of jumbo shells
- 1/2 cup onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 (14 oz) blocks of extra-firm tofu, pressed
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp kala namak
- 4 Tbs vegan parmesan, grated
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce
- Shells: Cook the jumbo shells according to package instructions, then drain and set on a baking sheet in single layer to cool.
- Preheat: The oven to 350 degrees.
- Filling: Add garlic and onion to a food processor and pulse until the onion is minced. Transfer to a large bowl and then crumble one block of the tofu into the food processor and run for 1 minute until creamy. Transfer this to the bowl with the onions and add the second block of tofu into the food processor along with the mayonnaise, nutritional yeast, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, kala namak, and red pepper flakes. Process until creamy and well mixed. Transfer this to the bowl with the rest of the tofu.
- Stir: Mix in the spinach, parsley and parmesan by a hand until well combined.
- Assemble: Spread spaghetti sauce in a thin layer on the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Use a teaspoon to fill the shells with the tofu cheese mixture and place them in the casserole dish. Then spoon additional sauce on the top of the shells to cover and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake: for 30 minutes and then allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- It's important to mix the parsley and spinach in by hand. Don't try to save time by adding these to the food processor unless you like green cheese.
- You may not need both jars of spaghetti sauce depending on how saucy you like things.
- Category: pasta
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 5 shells
- Calories: 120
- Fat: 4.5 grams
Keywords: vegan, stuffed shells, pasta