These vegan raspberry palmiers are one of those pastries that look complicated, but are actually very simple to make. Flaky puff pastry is filled with raspberry preserves and sugar and then baked to crispy sweet perfection.
- puff pastry sheet
- 2-3 Tbs raspberry preserves
- 1 Tbs coarse sugar (optional)
- Thaw: puff pastry according to package directions and then roll out into a 12" x 8" rectangle on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Filling: Spread preserves in a thin layer almost to the edges and then sprinkle with sugar reserving some to sprinkle on before baking.
- Roll: Start rolling the dough from one long side towards the middle and then stop and roll from the opposite side until they rolls meet in the middle.
- Freeze: Wrap the parchment around the pastry roll and put into the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Remove from the freezer and cut into 1/4" slices. Place these on a parchment lines baking sheet and sprinkle each cookie with a bit more sugar.
- Bake: for 15-18 minutes until they start to turn golden. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 177
Keywords: vegan, cookies, french pastry, dairy-free, dessert, puff pastry, raspberry