These vegan goat cheese crostini topped with roasted cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar are a perfect make ahead appetizer or snack. The rich creaminess of the cheese pairs wonderfully with the bright acidity of the tomatoes.
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 baguette
- 4-5 oz spreadable vegan cheese (like this vegan goat cheese or vegan cream cheese), at room temperature
- 4-5 basil leaves, finely cut
- balsamic vinegar or glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add tomatoes and garlic to a baking sheet, drizzle with 2 Tbs of the olive oil and sprinkle over the salt and pepper. Use your hands to make sure everything is fully coated. Bake for 30-35 stirring halfway through. Bake until the tomatoes become soft and blistered.
- Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
- Slice the baguette on the diagonal into 1/2" thick pieces.
- Brush them with the remaining 2 Tbs of olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes until they start to get toasted.
- When ready to assemble - spread each crostini with cheese, then top with several tomatoes and some garlic. Sprinkle with basil and drizzle the top with balsamic. Serve at room temperature.
- This recipe works best when everything is at room temperature when assembling and serving.
- The tomatoes can be roasted and bread toasted earlier in the day and assembled prior to serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: snacks
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 crostini
- Calories: 150
Keywords: vegan, plant-based, crostini, appetizer, snack