These vegan carrot cake cupcakes are perfectly spiced, moist and fluffy! So basically all the deliciousness of carrot cake, but in a single serving size.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (200 g)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/3 cup carrots, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a muffin tin with cupcake liners
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate bowl stir together the applesauce, plant milk, vanilla, sugar, and coconut oil.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the flour mixture until well combined.
- Fold in the carrots until incorporated. The mixture will be very thick.
- Divide the batter between 12 cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Make sure to cool completely before frosting. We like to pair these with a vegan cream cheese frosting.
- For best results weigh the flour for accuracy. Or use the fluff and spoon method.
- You can substitute mashed banana for the applesauce, but you will get a banana flavor.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: cupcakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 165
- Fat: 6.4
- Saturated Fat: 5.3
- Carbohydrates: 26.2
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 1.8
Keywords: cupcakes, carrot cake, vegan, dessert