These smoky toasted pecans are so easy and yet so good. Using just four pantry items they come together in less than 10 minutes.
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 2 Tbs soy or tamari sauce
- 3/4 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp liquid smoke
- In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, soy sauce and liquid smoke. Set aside.
- Set a non-stick or cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Add in the pecans and toast for 4-5 minutes. Keep an eye on these and make sure to stir, toss or flip often to ensure both sides get toasted and to avoid burning.
- When they're ready they will start to smell toasty and fragrant and slightly darken in color. Be careful because there's a fine line between beautifully toasted and burnt.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour the smoky liquid over the pecans and stir to thoroughly coat.
- Transfer them to a plate to cool before using.
- Don't walk away while making these to avoid burning them.
- Prep Time: 4 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: snacks
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: party
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup (20 pecans)
- Calories: 238
- Sodium: 621
- Fat: 25.6
- Saturated Fat: 2.4
- Carbohydrates: 5.5
- Fiber: 2.3
- Protein: 5.5
Keywords: nuts, pecans, snacks, toasted pecans, smoky nuts