In my opinion, these no-bake vegan chocolate balls check all the boxes making them a great option for a quick at home sweet or something to bring along to a potluck, party or cookie exchange.
The Swedish Chokladboll is thought to have originated during World War II when wheat flour was in short supply.
- no added sugar/no refined sugar
- no- bake
- ready in less than 15 minutes
Years ago my husband and I were fortunate to spend some time in Sweden. To this day it's among my very favorite travel experiences and a big part of that was because we stayed with a wonderful host, Ida who shared her life with us while we were there. She put together a similar version of this favorite Scandinavian treat for us to bring on the train with us one day.
The traditional chocolate ball recipe calls for butter and sugar. We like that this healthier version retains the flavor profile of the original, but has many of the same ingredients used in our favorite energy bars.
Step By Step Instructions
- These couldn't be easier to put together. Simply put all the ingredients except the coconut into a food processor and pulse until everything is chopped up.
- You may need to add a splash or two of water if they won't hold together when formed into a ball.
- I like to use a cookie scoop to make uniform sized balls and them place on a plate.
- Then roll in a bowl of finely shredded coconut and that's it!
These vegan chocolate balls should be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge. They will taste best if eaten within 5 days, but we've never had a problem with that!
If you enjoyed this recipe, try these related posts!Print