These vegan chocolate chip cookies are the perfect cookie! A little bit crispy on the edges and nice and chewy at the center - just the way we like them around here.
- 3 Tbs melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbs unsweetened plant milk (I used soy)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional but we love pecans)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, melt vegan butter or coconut oil in the microwave.
- Use a spoon to mix in the sugar for 2 minutes to cream together.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Mix in the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. The mixture will be dry and crumbly at this point.
- Stir in the milk and the dough will start to come together.
- Get in there with some clean hands and incorporate the chocolate and nuts (if using).
- Use a cookie scoop to portion out 6 large or 12 small cookie onto a baking sheet lined with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. If you make regular sized cookies 13 minutes should be fine, but larger ones may take 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking pan for a few minutes. They will look undercooked and very soft in the middle, but will firm up as they cool.
- Use a spatula to transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling down.
- Try not to eat them all at once!
- If using nuts chop them up pretty small so you don't get large pieces in your cookie. Unless that's your jam then rock on with your bad self.
- You can use a 1/4 cup cookie scoop to make the larger size cookies. That's what I did here. It's basically an ice cream scoop.
- I am part of an affiliate program with Amazon. So if you purchase a recommended product I will receive a small commission which will cost you nothing. Thanks for the support!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 121
- Sugar: 9.1
- Sodium: 50
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 3.9
- Carbohydrates: 15.9
- Fiber: .6
- Protein: 1.6
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie